Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
For patients undergoing intravenous anesthesia (iv sedation):
- Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery (This includes gum, candy, cough drops, water)
Exceptions: If you have DIABETES, please get special instructions from your primary care physician. If you have DIABETES your appointment should be the first in the morning. If your appointment is not the first in the morning please call our office to change your appointment time.
If your appointment is scheduled after 2:00 PM you are permitted to eat a light breakfast no later than 6:00 AM.
- Please remove all oral and facial jewelry, piercing etc. prior to your appointment.
- Wear loose clothing, a tee shirt or dress in layers during the winter months, no rompers.
- Do not wear contact lenses to your appointment.
- Please wear comfortable sneakers or boots, no flip flops.
- Plan to be with someone you trust for the remainder of the day and into the following day.
- Do not make plans to sign any important documents after your surgery.
- Leave all valuables at home or with your escort: jewelry, money, credit cards, cellular phones.
- Remove nail polish, make-up and perfume.
- Personal mobile devices are not permitted in the surgical area and must be left with the person accompanying you.
- If you use a rescue inhaler for asthma please bring it to your appointment.
You will need a responsible adult to bring you to your appointment and remain in the reception area for the duration of your procedure and drive you home. You will be unable to leave without someone to drive you. If you are under 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If a legal guardian is accompanying a minor please be prepared to show proof of guardianship.
Please make sure that all insurance information is current and up-to-date. If there is a change in your insurance prior to your procedure, please be sure to inform our office as soon as possible.
Please bring your insurance card(dental and medical) to your appointment.