Meet Dr. Amy Bryan
Dr. Bryan is originally from Central New York. She earned her BS in Biology at SUNY Cortland. She then went on to the University at Buffalo where she received her dental degree followed by an oral and maxillofacial Surgery program at the University of Connecticut. She has been practicing Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for 30 years in the Buffalo area and is delighted to join her colleague Dr. Nigalye at Niagara Dental Implant & Oral Surgery.
Dr. Bryan holds a strong commitment to community service in dentistry. Through the New York State Dental Foundations Program she has provided care in a number of communities throughout New York State where there are access to care problems. She regularly provides care at UB Give Kids a Smile Day and UB Smiles on Veterans. One of her favorite volunteer activities is caring for those individuals who lack the ability to afford good dental care at The Good Neighbors Dental Clinic in Buffalo.
While not practicing in the office, Dr. Bryan spends time with her husband, Dr. Albert Cavallari, an orthodontist practicing in Lockport, and their five children. The older three of the five children have graduated from college and are working in their various fields. Their youngest daughter is following in the footsteps of her parents and is in dental school at UB. The youngest son is at UB in the School of Engineering. Outside of professional and family activities, Dr. Bryan has a passion for skiing, reading, running and triathlete training. She has completed 11 full marathons, multiple half marathons and triathlons and even a full ironman in Muskoka, Canada.
Dr. Bryan is affiliated with the following professional and community organizations:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- 8th District Dental Society
- Erie County Dental Society
- Niagara County Dental Society
- Executive Council of the 8th District Dental Society
- WNY Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
- Board member of the Palace Theatre in Lockport, NY